Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sanctuary


I was fortunate enough to go to Hawaii at the beginning of this month.

10 days of tree houses, strenuous hikes with life altering views, the comfort and familiarity of my brother and his beautiful family, the sound of the jungle lulling us to sleep, tea that tasted like the shrines in Haifa, fresh mango that melted over every tastebud, the warmest sunshine that turned me golden, getting caught in at least one rainstorm a day, mosquito bites and salty unkempt hair.

Before leaving I had decided that beyond my cellphone, I didn't want to digitally capture my time there. I wanted to think about everything I photographed, without the opportunity to immediately look and delete. So I committed. I rummaged through the back of my closet, and dusted off a few of my trusty film cameras.

Here were a handful of my favorites, plus some unexpected surprises.














This is from Burning man Aug 2011, I had forgotten all about them.

Burning Man 2011

Us.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. hawaii will always hold a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete